Account Clerk, Senior
San Diego Community College District San Diego, CA Full-time Accounting
Posted on October 31, 2023
Account Clerk, Senior
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 11/19/2023
Position Number: Position 1 009708, Position 2 010309(.75 FTE)
Location: San Diego Mesa College
Position Type: Classified
From San Diego Mesa College President Ashanti Hands:
San Diego Mesa College seeks energetic and dedicated candidates to apply for classified positions. The College is committed to academic excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion among its faculty, staff, and students. As the “Leading College of Equity & Excellence”, we take responsibility for equitable outcomes and work together to create successful pathways for all of our students.
As the largest college in the San Diego Community College District, the institution enjoys a solid financial standing, state of the art facilities, and a world-class faculty and staff. For 59 years, Mesa College has been on the leading edge, from offering a Community College Bachelor's Degree, to the number of students transferred and graduating with an Associate Degree.
We are adding new staff, faculty and administrators who, alongside our stellar colleagues, will lead us into the future. Candidates who believe that they can demonstrate a commitment to equity and excellence by creating the conditions that matter for our students to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Applications are currently being accepted for two (2) Senior Account Clerk positions in the Student Accounting office, located at San Diego Mesa College. Position 1: Hours are Mon - Thu 10am - 6:30pm; Fri 8am - 4:30pm. Position 2: Hours are Mon-Thu 12pm - 6:30pm; Fri 8am - 2:30pm. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
- Basic principles of accounting and bookkeeping.
- District accounting and related procedures.
- District computerized accounting systems.
- District organization, operations, policies, and objectives.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computer hardware and software. Oral and written communications skills.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Count and verify large sums of money with speed and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Interpret district policies and apply them to a variety of situations.
- Maintain statistical and financial records and prepare reports.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Operate standard office machines and equipment, including computers, calculators, and cash registers.
- Perform a variety of arithmetic calculations.
- Plan and organize work.
- Relate effectively with people from varied cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Train and provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Use computer applications, including spreadsheets, databases, and other relevant kinds.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to: graduation from high school two years’ experience in accounting or financial record-keeping.
- One year of related district experience is desirable.
For 1.0 FTE-
Range 19 ($3,838.95 – $5,836.03) per month based on the current Classified salary schedule.
New employees will begin on Step B ($3,838.95) or up to Step C ($4,030.89) with 36 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience. For purposes of salary placement, 7.5 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of directly related coursework from a regularly accredited institution will be equivalent to one (1) year of job experience.
Step placement is non-negotiable. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA and is non-negotiable.
For 0.75 FTE-
Range 19 at 0.75 FTE ($2,879.21 – $4,377.02) per month based on the current Classified salary schedule.
New employees will begin on Step B at 0.75 FTE ($2,879.21) or up to Step C at 0.75 FTE ($3,023.17) with 36 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience. For purposes of salary placement, 7.5 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of directly related coursework from a regularly accredited institution will be equivalent to one (1) year of job experience. Step placement is non-negotiable. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA and is non-negotiable.
This position is FLSA Non-exempt (may accrue overtime). Excellent Benefits are provided to all Contract employees with assignments greater than, or equal to, 50% (0.50 FTE) and all eligible dependents. A temporary probationary period will apply to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency