Director of Development
Tarrant County College District Fort Worth, TX Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on May 11, 2023
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Director of Development
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience
DT Res Dev & Coll Fndtn
Reporting to the Executive Director of the TCC Foundation, the Director of Development will lead, manage, develop and implement fundraising activities leading to successful closure of major gifts to support the mission of the Tarrant County College Foundation. The primary focus of this position is cultivating donors and prospects (individuals, corporations, foundations, alumni, etc.) with significant giving capacity to accomplish their philanthropic goals in the form of annual, major, and planned gifts. This strategic work involves extensive collaboration and active partnerships with university leadership, volunteers, and senior administrators to ensure existing and emerging constituents are best positioned with TCC to provide maximum levels of philanthropic support for college priorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Performance Requirements*
- Cultivates major gift prospects, investing the necessary time and energy to build relationships designed to understand the donor/prospect goals with the expressed purpose of alignment with the foundation mission and objectives
- Manages a portfolio of approximately 75-100 qualified relationships and apply a moves management approach (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor
- Leads the development of written proposals and other materials to deepen prospect engagement
- Works behind the scenes through high-level volunteers, both external and internal to the College, making sure to coordinate activities and communications, and accompany leaders on calls where appropriate
- Collaborates with campus leadership and select faculty/staff to develop and fundraise for priority fundraising initiatives
- Collaborates with other TCC Foundation staff on development-related communications and special events
- Tracks prospects and donor contacts in portfolio using organization tools and tracking methods via Raiser's Edge, ensuring that all donor information entry, storage and special requests recorded and accomplished
- Promotes a culture of high performance (results), integrity, and continuous improvement that values learning, collaboration, and a commitment to quality work among the development team
- Travels frequently around the DFW metroplex
- Participates on behalf of the College in external community organizations and associations as assigned to support the essential performance requirements
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation, and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values, and goals and principles of the College
Works under the general supervision of the Executive Director of TCC Foundation
*Performs Other Related Tasks as Required
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Four (4) years' working experience related to the Essential Performance Requirements
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history and reliable transportation
- Experience fundraising with a higher education institution
- Experience working with corporate and foundation prospects
- Experience working with the Raiser's Edge fundraising database software
- Current Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification
Knowledge of fundraising with a higher education institution
Skilled in project planning, management, and monitoring
Skilled in providing high quality customer service and culturally competent communications with diverse populations
Skilled in budget planning, operations, and forecasting
Skilled in using applications and enterprise systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and unpredictable in scope and volume
Ability to analyze data and provide sound recommendations based on policy, procedure, practice, and existing regulations
Ability to foster a collaborative and equity-driven work environment and setting
Ability to delegate work appropriately to employees to meet College and campus deliverables
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Posting Contact Summary
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individual
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record?
- * How many years of working experience do you have related to the Essential Performance Requirements?
- Less than 1 year of experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * Please describe your experience (responses are used to determine eligibility).
(Open Ended Question)
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * How long have you been in your current role with TCC?
- Less than 6 months
- More than 6 months
- I am not a current TCC employee
- I am a current TCC student employee