President - Southeast Campus
Tarrant County College District Fort Worth, TX Full-time Education
Posted on February 5, 2024
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
President - Southeast Campus
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience.
DT Chancellor's Office
Reporting directly to the Chancellor, the Campus President is an executive leader within a singularly accredited, one college system. The Campus President is committed to the mission of the comprehensive community college and its role in community development by establishing effective and mutually supportive partnerships with business and industry, the educational continuum, and community stakeholders. The Campus President has the entrepreneurial skills to identify opportunities with stakeholders and program development in support of college efforts to prepare the future workforce. As a member of the Chancellor's Executive Cabinet, the Campus President also works collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure Tarrant County College (TCC) serves the students as one college. The Campus President will assume other duties as assigned in support of the District.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Performance Requirements*
Leadership and Engagement
- Leads and aligns planning, prioritizing, and operations of an extensive leadership portfolio with the mission, vision, strategy and priorities of the District
- Works closely with the other Campus Presidents and district administrators to ensure alignment and effectiveness of campus-level programs and services with institutional goals, priorities, and desired student outcomes
- Develops strong partnerships with community stakeholders in support of college programming, understanding, and contributing to local efforts in economic and workforce development
- Communicates and consults with the Chancellor regarding material items of management and operation of the College
- Promotes a collegial work and learning environment that emphasizes employe engagement, sense of belonging, and wellness
- Represents the College as an ethical, responsible steward of institutional resources
- Provides direction and strategy that results in measurable improvements in student learning and success within a supportive campus environment
- Promotes and supports a student-centered, collaborative approach in leadership and work with campus and college faculty and staff
- Fosters a campus culture that encourages and enables faculty and staff to create positive and innovative learning environments
- Provides systems thinking leadership that aligns academic, business, and operational processes to create a seamless student experience across all campuses
- Supports and facilitates innovations in lifelong learning, student development, and workforce readiness to prepare students for challenges and opportunities of the future
- Provides comprehensive, proactive supervision, including timely evaluations, resolutions, and decision-making that are accurate and follow institutional, state, and federal policies and regulations
- Develops and leads teams that result in alignment between recruitment, hiring, and support of administrators, faculty, and staff who are committed to the mission, vision, and priorities of the College
- Fosters a work environment that promotes and ensures faculty and staff participate in learning opportunities aligned with the College's strategic goals and priorities
- Leads and serves on college teams to develop, implement, and assess strategic goals and priorities in support of integrated institutional planning
- Leads the campus in the implementation and completion of, and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation standards
- Works collaboratively with Cabinet, faculty and staff in planning, development, and policymaking in accordance with the one college strategic priorities
- Leads the preparation and execution of plans and budgets
- Supports the mission, vision and goals of the College
- Participates on behalf of the College in external community organizations and associations as assigned to support the essential performance requirements
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands and expectations of the position
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through TCC
Works under the general supervision of the Chancellor
*Performs Other Related Tasks as Required
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Doctorate from a regionally accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of leadership experience appropriate to a senior leadership role in higher education
- Evidence of expertise and experience in academic and student affairs, including direct experience in teaching
- Successful record of innovative academic leadership and commitment to the highest standards of academic quality and institutional and personal integrity
- Understanding and experience in requesting and utilizing data from multiple sources to enhance decision making
- An understanding and appreciation for the role of a Campus President in a multi-campus, student-focused institution of higher education
- Commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college and its role in economic development
- Proven knowledge, skills, and abilities to lead, manage, and execute effective organizational communication and strategic planning
- Experience working in a multi-campus institution
- Knowledge of and experience with student-related issues
- Knowledge of and experience in applying instructional technologies
- Knowledge of workforce development, including general and technical education as well as skill enhancement programs
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and innovative skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Posting Contact Summary
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individual
HR Talent Acquisition
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of leadership experience do you have that is appropriate to a senior leadership role within higher education?
- Less than 2 years of experience
- 2 - 4 years of experience
- 5 - 9 years of experience
- 10+ years of experience
- * Do you have expertise and experience in academic and student affairs, including direct experience in teaching?
- * Do you have a successful record of innovative academic leadership and commitment to the highest standards of academic quality and institutional and personal integrity?
- * Do you have an understanding and experience in requesting and utilizing data from multiple sources to enhance decision-making?
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * How long have you been in your current role with TCC?
- Less than 6 months
- More than 6 months
- I am not a current TCC employee
- I am a current TCC student employee